Old Bakery Cottage
Charming & Comfortable
Old Bakery Cottage – is the newer of the two cottages at The House of Bread and has a slightly more open plan layout than Home Cottage and has all you need for a self-catering stay.
It is a characterful and comfortable stone cottage with beautiful features such as a stained glass window as you go upstairs and it has the added bonus of a wood-burner in the cosy lounge/diner.
Old Bakery Cottage is slightly bigger with a large airy lounge/dining room, a well-equipped separate kitchen and a downstairs loo.
There is a pretty courtyard garden with garden furniture and guests are also welcome to use the BBQ and many seating places in the larger courtyard garden at The House of Bread.
Our minimum stay is 2 nights with flexible change-over days. Just drop us a line to discuss your needs.
We were one of two families that booked both lovely self catering cottages for the October half term week. We had a great time – the location was perfect for… read more
November 2, 2016
I highly recommend staying at the house of bread. Communication was brilliant right from the start. Check in process is contactless and easy. First impressions were great. I couldn’t believe… read more
June 18, 2021
Lovely place to stay near a welcoming pub! – I stayed in Old Bakery Cottage with my family. The cottage was very clean, comfortable and well equipped. The owners Katie and Charles were very welcoming and left… read more
June 2, 2016
- A hot tub
- A self-contained entrance on to the courtyard garden & parking
- Good wardrobe and hanging space in the bedrooms
- Gas central heating
- A dishwasher, fridge and freezer
- A hairdryer
- An iron and ironing board
- Microwave, toaster, electric oven, hob and grill
- Smart TV (with Freeview) DVD player and CD/music player with iPod connectivity
- Free WiFi (not super brilliant but the best we can do in our location)
- A stair gate and child seat
- Outside space for soaking up the sun or contemplating the view
- Local maps, cottage information manual, DVDs, CDs, books & games
- A torch and umbrella
- Full bedding
- Bath towels
- Hand wash and hand sanitiser
- Basic cleaning products and equipment
- Kitchen kit plus washing up liquid, kitchen towel, oven glove, dish cloth, bin & bin bags, recycling containers, cling film and tin foil
- A boot jack and rack for muddy boots
- A doggy towel (if you forgot your own) and temporary dog collar tags for The House of Bread
- A Welcome Pack of tea, coffee, hot chocolate, milk, biscuits/cake and dishwasher tablets
- An initial supply of wood, kindling and firelighters for the wood burner in the lounge