About Home Cottage
Home Cottage is the oldest cottage at The House of Bread (circa 1750) and as such has a more quirky layout than Old Bakery Cottage and is packed full of character and has all you need for a self-catering stay.
Home Cottage is slightly bigger downstairs with a separate cosy lounge, large airy dining room and a well-equipped kitchen.
Home Cottage has 2 bedrooms, a comfortable master bedroom with a king-sized bed and a second bedroom (which can be set either as a double (with a super-king bed) or a twin depending on your requirements). Both bedrooms have wall mounted TVs. There is also a light and airy family bathroom with a bath with shower over.
There is a private outside seating area with a pretty arch and bench and views over our the back courtyard. Guests are also welcome to use the BBQ in the larger courtyard garden at The House of Bread.
Our minimum stay is 2 nights with flexible change over days. Just drop us a line to discuss your needs.
My wife and I stayed here with some friends over the August Bank Holiday weekend. We had booked to go kayaking on the Wye, so needed somewhere to stay near... read more
August 30, 2016
I highly recommend staying at the house of bread. Communication was brilliant right from the start. Check in process is contactless and easy. First impressions were great. I couldn’t believe... read more
June 18, 2021
Just returned home from a week at Old Bakery Cottage at The House of Bread. This is an immaculate holiday home - with many small thoughtful touches to help our... read more
August 20, 2019
- a front and back entrance (one to the courtyard parking at the back of The House of Bread and one to the front garden and road)
- good wardrobe and hanging space in the bedrooms
- gas central heating
- a dishwasher, fridge and freezer
- a hairdryer
- an iron and ironing board
- microwave, toaster, electric oven, hob and grill
- telly (with Freeview) DVD player and CD/music player with Ipod connectivity
- free WIFI (not super brilliant but the best we can do in our location)
- a stairgate and child seat
- outside space for soaking up the sun or contemplating the view
- local maps, cottage information manual, DVDs, CDs, books & games
- a torch and umbrella
- full bed linen
- bath towels
- hand wash and hand sanitiser
- basic cleaning products and equipment
- kitchen kit plus washing up liquid, kitchen towel, oven glove, dish cloth, bin & bin bags, recycling containers, cling film and tin foil
- a boot jack and rack for muddy boots
- a doggy towel (if you forgot your own) and temporary dog collar tags for The House of Bread
- a Welcome Pack of tea, coffee, hot chocolate, milk, biscuits and dishwasher tablets