If you are looking for well thought out, perfectly situated, peaceful self-catering accommodation in stone country cottages then you have found it. With a wealth of activities and beautiful scenery practically on the doorstep you can enjoy a romantic weekend away or a fun filled activity holiday. It’s up to you!
We offer weekly or short break self-catering accommodation in both our cottages (Home Cottage and Old Bakery Cottage). Both offer comfortable, flexible accommodation for up to 4 people and can be set up as a double and twin or two doubles. Both cottages have gas central heating and are double-glazed throughout.
Our 2 cottages provide very similar accommodation and facilities but there are a few differences:
Home Cottage we believe is the original cottage here (built circa 1750) and has a more quirky layout and loads of character. It has a separate characterful, cosy lounge with a stone fireplace, a large dining/breakfast room and a separate well-equipped kitchen. Home Cottage has an enclosed, pretty outside seating area and when the tea-room isn’t open you can use the outside seating area there to sit out and dine too! In Home Cottage you also get TVs and tea and coffee making facilities in the bedrooms (as this is the cottage where we can offer book-ahead B&B)!
Old Bakery Cottage has a more modern, open plan feel, with a comfortable and cosy lounge/diner with a wood burner and a separate well-equipped kitchen, a downstairs loo and a pretty courtyard garden area with garden furniture.
Please note: we are sorry but because of the configuration of our cottages they are not suitable for wheelchair users.
Both our cottages offer:
- two bedrooms – a double and a twin/double (can be set up as either)
- a separate cosy lounge and dining space
- wifi connection
- a separate, well-equipped kitchen
- a family sized bathroom with shower and bath
- a dishwasher, fridge and freezer
- shared access to guest washing machine and tumble drier
- a porch for soggy clothes, dogs and muddy boots
- outside seating/garden areas and use of BBQ
- an iron and ironing board
- microwave, toaster, electric oven and grill
- telly (with Freeview) DVD player and CD/music player with Ipod connectivity
- a stairgate and child seat
- off road car parking and bike parking in our bike shelter
- outside space in the courtyard for soaking up the sun or contemplating the view
- guides, maps and information on local activities
- a selection of books, games, CDs and DVDs
As part of your stay we can also offer:
- fresh eggs from our chickens
- home-made treats (on baking days!)
- help and advice on local activities and booking
- home-made maps of local walks
Booking a cottage
Booking both cottages
It is possible to book both our cottages together (sleeping up to 8 people). If you wish to do this visit our Self-catering price/availability page for availability and great discounted prices.
Please note: if booking both cottages, Home Cottage has a dining/breakfast room that will seat up to 8.
Checking in and out
Change over is generally Friday/Monday (although we can offer some flexibility) and cottages are available from 4.00pm on your first day (although you are welcome to arrive earlier and leave your car and go off and explore while we finish getting the cottage ready – just let us know). Check out time on your last day is 10.00am.
In Old Bakery Cottage in the colder months we provide kindling and a box of wood for the wood burner. If you need more an extra box can be purchased at a cost of £5.00 each.
Tasty packed lunches are available at a cost £8.00 per person. Please let us know by midday the day before if you would like a packed lunch.
Four legged friends
At The House of Bread, we are extremely dog friendly but do charge an extra £10.00. Generally we allow one dog per cottage and ask that you bring a supply of your own dog towels and use the porch to dry your dog, bring a dog bed and where possible encourage the dog to sleep downstairs and not to leave your dog unattended in the cottages or let them get on the beds or sofas.
Please visit our Terms and conditions page for information on our booking process, payments and cancellations.