– Old Bakery Cottage
Our self-catering accommodation is now OPEN for booking during July & onwards in-line with Government Guidance.
Charming & Comfortable
FOR FULL PRICE, AVAILABILITY & BOOKING INFORMATION – Click here
Old Bakery Cottage – is the newer of the two cottages at The House of Bread and has a slightly more open plan layout than Home Cottage. It is a characterful and comfortable stone cottage with beautiful features such as a stained glass window as you go upstairs and it has the added bonus of a wood-burner in the cosy lounge/diner.
Downstairs – Old Bakery Cottage is slightly smaller with a large airy lounge/dining room and a well-equipped separate kitchen.
Upstairs – Old Bakery Cottage has 2 bedrooms, a large, comfortable master bedroom with a king-sized bed and lovely views through triple aspect windows and a second bedroom (which can be either a double or twin depending on your requirements) and a light and airy upstairs bathroom with a bath with electric shower over.
Outside – there is a pretty courtyard garden with garden furniture and guests are also welcome to use the BBQ and many seating places in the larger courtyard garden at The House of Bread.
Images – see below for more pictures of Old Bakery Cottage or visit our Gallery to see pictures of our local surroundings and Hot Pot Pottery as well.
Our minimum stay is 3 nights self-catering and our usual check in/out is Mon or Fri but there is flexibility on this. Just drop us a line to discuss your specific needs.
If you are a large group booking both our cottages Home Cottage has a dining room big enough for up to 8 people to dine together.
Old Bakery Cottage Offers:
- a self-contained entrance on to the courtyard garden & parking
- good wardrobe and hanging space in the bedrooms
- gas central heating
- a dishwasher, fridge and freezer
- an iron and ironing board
- microwave, toaster, electric oven (and grill)
- telly (with Freeview) DVD player and CD/music player with Ipod connectivity
- free WIFI (not super brilliant but the best we can do in our location)
- a stairgate and child seat
- outside space for soaking up the sun or contemplating the view
- a local map and emailed information on the cottage and local activities
- a torch and umbrella
- full bedding
- bath towels, hand wash and hand sanitiser
- kitchen kit plus washing up liquid, kitchen towel, oven glove, dish cloth, bin & bin bags, recycling containers, cling film and tin foil
- a boot jack and rack for muddy boots
- a doggy towel (if you forgot your own) and temporary dog collar tags for The House of Bread
- a Welcome Pack of tea, coffee, hot chocolate, milk, biscuits and enough dishwasher tablets for your stay
We Also Provide:
- on-site, bookable pottery trial classes & pottery painting sessions (with a great 10% off the cost of a pottery trial class (exc. delivery) if you are a group staying with us)
- packed lunches
- private parking & extra outside seating in our pretty courtyard
- a bike shed
- access to washing machine, a tumble drier, washing powder, conditioner and pegs, and a washing line/airer
- doggy towels (if you forgot your own) and dog collar tags for The House of Bread
- a BBQ for hot summer evenings (you just need to provide charcoal)
- fresh eggs from our chickens
- help and advice on local activities and booking
- home-made maps of local walks (please ask for a copy)
- extra wood for the wood burner in Old Bakery Cottage (for a small charge)
If you would like a packed lunch for your day out then if you let us know by midday the day before and we can provide one at a price of £8.00 per person.
We provide a basket of wood & kindling in Old Bakery Cottage for the wood-burner but if you want a top up during your stay we charge £5.00 per box.
We love dogs and accept 1-2 per cottage but we do charge £10.00 per dog stay and we ask that you observe a few ‘Dog House Rules!’:
- bring your own dog towels (although we do provide one if you forgot!)
- bring a dog bed and do not allow your dog on the beds or sofas
- ideally do not let dogs do upstairs and do not to leave your dog(s) unattended in the cottage
- bring dog bowls and feed your dog outside or in the kitchen
- clean up after your dog and be aware of other guests and pottery visitors who may not be so keen on dogs as we are!
Old Bakery Cottage – Entrance
Old Bakery Cottage – Dining Area
The House of Bread – Front
Old Bakery Cottage – Second Room (as a Double)
The House of Bread in the Snow
Old Bakery Cottage – Bathroom
Old Bakery Cottage – Garden
Old Bakery Cottage – Second Bedroom (as a Twin)
Old Bakery Cottage – Master Bedroom
Old Bakery Cottage – Kitchen
Old Bakery – Lounge/Diner