– Old Bakery Cottage
Charming & Comfortable
FOR SELF-CATERING PRICE & AVAILABILITY – Click here
Old Bakery Cottage – is the newer of the two cottages at The House of Bread and has a slightly more open plan layout than Home Cottage. It is a characterful and comfortable stone cottage with beautiful features such as a stained glass window as you go upstairs and it has the added bonus of a wood-burner in the cosy lounge/diner.
Downstairs – Old Bakery Cottage is slightly smaller with a large airy lounge/dining room and a well-equipped separate kitchen.
Upstairs – Old Bakery Cottage has 2 bedrooms, a large, comfortable master bedroom with a king-sized bed and lovely views through triple aspect windows and a second bedroom (which can be either a double or twin depending on your requirements) and a light and airy upstairs bathroom with a bath with electric shower over.
Outside – there is a pretty courtyard garden with garden furniture and guests are also welcome to use the BBQ and many seating places in the larger courtyard garden at The House of Bread.
Images – see below for more pictures of Old Bakery Cottage or visit our Gallery.
Old Bakery Cottage Offers:
- a self-contained entrance on to the courtyard garden & parking
- good wardrobe and hanging space in the bedrooms
- gas central heating
- a dishwasher, fridge and freezer
- an iron and ironing board
- microwave, toaster, electric oven (and grill)
- telly (with Freeview) DVD player and CD/music player with Ipod connectivity
- free WIFI (not super brilliant but the best we can do in our location)
- a stairgate and child seat
- outside space for soaking up the sun or contemplating the view
- guides, a local map and information on the cottages and local activities
- a selection of books, games, CDs and DVDs
- a torch and umbrella
- bath towels, hand wash and toiletries such as shampoo, shower gel and bubble bath
- full kitchen equipment plus washing up liquid, kitchen towel, oven glove, dish cloths, dishwasher tablets, bin bags, recycling containers, baking paper, cling film and tin foil
- tea, coffee & sugar
We Also Provide:
- a welcome gift/home-made treats on arrival
- on-site, bookable pottery trial classes & pottery painting sessions (with a great 10% off the cost of a pottery trial class (exc. delivery) if you are a group staying with us)
- packed lunches
- private parking & extra outside seating in our pretty courtyard
- a bike shed
- access to washing machine, a tumble drier, washing powder, conditioner and pegs, and a washing line/airer
- a shared porch for soggy clothes, dogs and muddy boots
- doggy towels (if you forgot your own) and dog collar tags for The House of Bread
- a BBQ for hot summer evenings (you just need to provide charcoal)
- fresh eggs from our chickens
- help and advice on local activities and booking
- home-made maps of local walks
- extra wood for the wood burner in Old Bakery Cottage (for a small charge)
If you would like a packed lunch for your day out then if you let us know by midday the day before and we can provide one at a price of £8.00 per person.
We provide a basket of wood & kindling in Old Bakery Cottage for the wood-burner but if you want a top up during your stay we charge £5.00 per box.
We love dogs and accept 1-2 per cottage but we do charge £10.00 per dog stay and we ask that you observe a few ‘Dog House Rules!’:
- bring your own dog towels and use the porch area to dry your dog
- bring a dog bed and do not allow your dog on the beds or sofas and do not to leave your dog unattended in the cottage
- bring dog bowls and feed your dog in the kitchen, outside or in the porch with the washing machine & tumble drier
- clean up after your dog and be aware of other guests and pottery visitors who may not be so keen on dogs as we are!
Lose Yourself In Nature
Great Dog Walking
Autumn Gold – Wye Valley
Spring is Bluebell Time!
Climbing Above Symonds yat
Wild Boar Roam Free
Our Local Woods
Old Bakery Cottage – Entrance
Old Bakery Cottage – Dining Area
Fishing on the River
Wye Valley View
Local Snowy Walk
The House of Bread – Front
Local Woodland Walk
Old Bakery Cottage – Second Room (as a Double)
Mallards Pike Lake
The House of Bread in the Snow
Old Bakery Cottage – Bathroom
Old Bakery Cottage – Garden
Old Bakery Cottage – Second Bedroom (as a Twin)
Old Bakery Cottage – Master Bedroom
Old Bakery Cottage – Kitchen
Old Bakery – Lounge/Diner
Symonds Yat Rock Viewpoint
Local Woods – Foxgloves