Old Bakery Cottage
Charming & Comfortable
Old Bakery Cottage – is the newer of the two cottages at The House of Bread and has a slightly more open plan layout than Home Cottage. It is a characterful and comfortable stone cottage with beautiful features such as a stained glass window as you go upstairs and it has the added bonus of a wood-burner in the cosy lounge/diner.
Downstairs – Old Bakery Cottage is slightly smaller with a large airy lounge/dining room and a well-equipped separate kitchen.
Upstairs – Old Bakery Cottage has 2 bedrooms, a large, comfortable master bedroom with a king-sized bed and lovely views through triple aspect windows and a second bedroom (which can be either a double or twin depending on your requirements) and a light and airy upstairs bathroom with a bath with electric shower over.
Outside – there is a pretty courtyard garden with garden furniture and guests are also welcome to use the BBQ and many seating places in the larger courtyard garden at The House of Bread.
Images – see below for more pictures of Old Bakery Cottage or visit our Gallery.
Old Bakery Cottage
Price & Availability (2017/18):
Low season – short break/week: £260.00/£32.000 (2018: £265.00/£330.00)
Medium season – short break/week: £290.00/£375.00 (2018: £295.00/£385.00)
Medium high season – short break/week: £325.00/£440.00 (2018: £335.00/£450.00)
High season – short break/week: £385.00/£540.00 (2018: £385.00/£540.00)
Booking both Cottages
If you are booking both our cottages at the same time then you get a great 10% discount. To see availability on both our cottages – Click Here.
Old Bakery Cottage Offers:
- a self-contained entrance on to the courtyard garden & parking
- good wardrobe and hanging space in the bedrooms
- gas central heating
- a dishwasher, fridge and freezer
- an iron and ironing board
- microwave, toaster, electric oven (and grill)
- telly (with Freeview) DVD player and CD/music player with Ipod connectivity
- a stairgate and child seat
- outside space for soaking up the sun or contemplating the view
- guides, a local map and information on the cottages and local activities
- a selection of books, games, CDs and DVDs
- a torch and umbrella
- bath towels, hand wash and toiletries such as shampoo, shower gel and bubble bath
- full kitchen equipment plus washing up liquid, kitchen towel, oven glove, dish cloths, dishwasher tablets, bin bags, recycling containers, baking paper, cling film and tin foil
- tea, coffee & sugar
We Also Provide:
- private parking in the pretty courtyard
- a bike shed
- access to washing machine, a tumble drier and pegs, and a washing line/airer
- a shared porch for soggy clothes, dogs and muddy boots
- on-site, year round pottery activities
- a tea-room/gallery (Easter-end Oct half-term 3-4 days per week)
- a BBQ for hot summer evenings (you just need to provide charcoal)
- packed lunches
- fresh eggs from our chickens
- home-made cakes on arrival
- help and advice on local activities and booking
- home-made maps of local walks
- extra wood for the wood burner in Old Bakery Cottage (for a small charge)
If you would like a packed lunch for your day out then if you let us know by midday the day before and we can provide one at a price of £8.00 per person.
We provide a basket of wood & kindling in Old Bakery Cottage for the wood-burner but if you want a top up during your stay we charge £5.00 per box.
We love dogs and accept 1-2 per cottage but we do charge £10.00 per stay and we ask that you observe a few ‘Dog House Rules!‘:
- bring your own dog towels and use the porch area to dry your dog
- bring a dog bed and do not allow your dog on the beds or sofas and do not to leave your dog unattended in the cottage
- bring dog bowls and feed your dog in the kitchen, outside or in the porch with the washing machine & tumble drier
- clean up after your dog and be aware of other guests and tea-room/pottery visitors who may not be so keen on dogs as we are!
Old Bakery Cottage – Entrance
Old Bakery Cottage – Dining Area
Old Bakery Cottage – Second Room (as a Double)
Old Bakery Cottage – Bathroom
Old Bakery Cottage – Garden
Old Bakery Cottage – Second Bedroom (as a Twin)
Old Bakery Cottage – Master Bedroom
Old Bakery Cottage – Kitchen
Old Bakery – Lounge/Diner