Covid-19 Statement: Information & Cancellation
The Current Situation
Our self-catering accommodation is OPEN for booking.
This statement covers the changes at our holiday cottages, what we are doing & what guests need to do to keep risk levels low.
Cancellation/Termination Of Your Stay
At The House of Bread we want people to act responsibly and in line with current Government guidance.
Therefore, if you have a booking with us and you are Covid-19 symptomatic before you travel or travel restrictions prevent your trip and that is the specific reason for your cancellation we will re-book you for an appropriate future date or refund you in full.
If you become symptomatic during your stay or are contacted by Track and Trace as ‘at risk’ we ask that you self-isolate, let us know and get tested ASAP and if you test positive return home. We will provide a refund for the days cancelled minus a £30.00 deep clean charge.
If, after testing positive, you are not well enough to travel we will seek advice from health care professionals and local authority and extra days stayed will be charged plus a £30.00 deep clean charge.
Please note: all other general Terms & Conditions of Booking in relation to your stay still apply. Please read them!
If we are symptomatic, test positive and need to cancel your booking we will let you know and refund in full or arrange future dates with you. If you are already staying, we will let you know and self-isolate on-site and refund you for days not stayed if you decide to return home.
If your cancellation is not related to Covid-19 our usual Terms & Conditions of Booking apply.
Keeping Your Stay Low Risk
To avoid arrival & un-loading at the same time (unless one family group/household/bubble have booked both cottages) please give us an ETA & let us know if it changes.
Rather than meeting & greeting guests, we now have key safes on our cottages. If you are arriving after dark we will leave external lights on our bottom gate & outside your cottage. We will send your key safe details before you arrive.
THINGS WE HAVE HAD TO CHANGE:
To ensure we can effectively clean & sanitise between stays we have had to remove some non-essential items & change access to some facilities.
Currently we cannot provide the following in our cottages:
- extra cushions & throws on beds & tablecloths
- non-perishable foodstuff left by previous guests
- draught excluders for external doors
- puzzles, DVDs, CDs, books & games – please bring your own (we do provide local maps)
- nail brush & soap dish (in bathroom) – please bring your own
- bedside clocks/alarm clocks – we assume most people have these on their phones
- shampoo, conditioner, bubble bath & shower gel – please bring your own
- tea, coffee & hot chocolate making facilities in bedrooms
- specialised kitchen items (we have reduced kitchen kit to more basic items as we have to dishwash all items between stays)
- a cottage information manual – we will email this before your stay
- a visitor book – but you can review us/see guest reviews/recommendations on-line on Facebook or TripAdvisor
- a ‘things to do & local facilities’ folder – but there is information on our website on Things to Do or Local Facilities and the local Tourism Association Website and there is a Tourist Information Centre in Coleford (Tel: 01594 837135). NOTE: many attractions & activities have changed their times/days/prices & some are still closed. Please check before visiting & if places/parking is busy maybe postpone your visit. Check out the Responsible Visitor Guide and Business Re-Opening Page for more helpful information
WHAT WE DO PROVIDE:
Welcome Pack – coffee, tea, hot chocolate, milk, biscuits & enough dishwasher tablets for your stay.
General items – bedding, towels, hairdryer, iron & ironing board, washing basket & laundry bag, access to laundry room & bike shed, high chair, stairgate, torch, umbrella, loo roll, kitchen towel, alu foil, cling film, washing up liquid, dishcloth & brush, hand wash (& sanitiser), hand & tea towels, oven glove, boot jack & rack, CD & DVD player, Freeview TV, WiFi, table mats & napkins, bathroom/loo/shower mats, shaving point/mirror, temporary dog tags & dog towel (if needed).
Kitchen kit – toaster, dishwasher, kettle, fridge, freezer, microwave, hob, oven, chopping boards, knives & cutlery, mugs, cups, plates, glasses, pots, pans, casserole & serving dishes, tea-pot, coffee plunger, butter dish, egg cups, toast rack & bread bin.
WHILE YOU ARE HERE:
We ask you to observe social distancing with regard to ourselves & other guests, try to keep your dogs (if you have them) in your area & bring your own face mask/gloves if you wish to wear them.
Alternative duvets – we have summer/winter duvets for our double beds now stored securely. If you need heavier/lighter duvets while you are here we will change them while you are out.
Cleaning kit – we provide basic cleaning items in the cottages but if you wish to borrow things such as a hoover ask & we will provide them.
Laundry room & BBQ facilities – our laundry room (with washing machine, dryer, washing powder, conditioner & BBQ) is a shared space, so if you want to use it, we will give you the key & clean/sanitise for other guests once the key is returned.
Contacting us – if you need anything during your stay please phone/email/text rather than visiting (unless it is urgent). We will do what we can to help (observing social distancing) & carry out maintenance/repairs/alerations or put in extra items while you are out.
We used to ask that cottages were left as they were found and left it up to guests how much cleaning and tidying was done. Now there are a few specific things we ask you to do before you leave:
- windows – leave bedroom, bathroom and back lounge windows open
- laundry – strip & put all bedding (including mattress & pillow protectors), bathroom towels (used & unused), bathroom/loo rugs, napkins/cloth mats, kitchen hand/tea towels, dishcloth & oven glove in laundry bag provided (in laundry basket) & leave duvets & pillows on beds
- rubbish – empty room bins into kitchen bin & empty that into courtyard wheelie bin
- recycling – leave recycling box & food waste caddy outside back door
- personal belongings/food – check for all food, drink & personal belongings (including Welcome Pack milk and biscuits) & take them home with you
- keys – pull door to & leave cottage keys (& temporary dog tags) in the key safe
To ensure enough time for cleaning, sanitising & airing between stays, we have added a day between all bookings. See below for our change over and cleaning procedure.
Day 1: after guest check out – wearing PPE we:
- air the cottage
- wash all laundry at 60 degrees or more (where possible)
- spray laundry bag, sofas, cushions & curtains with disinfectant spray & leave to air
- check for personal & food items left behind
- clean, sanitise bins & put in bin bags
- replenish Welcome Pack & sanitise containers
- dishwash/wash kitchen kit, wipe kitchen cupboards & return kit
- clean kitchen, bathroom & loos
- swap sofa cushions, handwash, hand sanitiser, washing up liquid & brush, alu foil, cling film, torch & umbrella for 2nd set (sanitise & store 1st set between stays)
- swap duvets & pillows with ones aired and stored between stays
Day 2: before 4.00pm guest check in – wearing PPE we:
- air the cottage
- dust, hoover & clean moving all items to get behind/underneath (using different cloths for different areas)
- empty & sanitise hoover
- sanitise all touch points such as: drawer/cupboard/window/door/fridge/freezer/oven/dishwasher/tap & bread bin handles, light/lamp switches, hob knobs, light/shower pulls, loo flushes, stair/bath handrails, shower controls, laundry basket & bag, iron, ironing board, hairdryer, tables, chairs, table mats, map, TV/DVD/CD remote controls, fire extinguishers, kettle & toaster controls, stairgate & high chair
- make up beds with fresh bedding & pillow & mattress protectors
- put in new bathroom towels, hand/tea towels, tea-towel, oven glove, dishcloth, napkins, cloth table mat & bathroom/loo rugs
- sanitise keys, key safe & external door handle
- close cottage door & leave keys in key safe
- wash all cleaning cloths at 60 degrees