Covid-19 Information & Cancellation Policy
To keep Covid-19 Risks as low as possible for ALL we are operating in-line with Government & Travel Industry Guidance and are signed up to Visit England’s ‘Good to Go’, The World Travel & Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ and Air BnB’s ‘Commit to Clean’ schemes.
The information provided below outlines our Covid-19 Specific Cancellation Policy and what WE are doing & what GUESTS are asked to do to keep Covid-19 risk levels low for all on-site.
Cancellation/Termination Of Your Stay Due to Covid-19
At The House of Bread we want people to act responsibly & in-line with current Government guidance in relation to Covid-19.
PLEASE NOTE: if you booked with us through AirBnB the refunds we will offer will be in relation to the amount of money we were due to earn from AirBnB in relation to your booking not the total amount that you paid. There may be additional charges or non-refundable costs from AirBnB which are outside of our control.
Before Your Trip
If you test positive for Covid-19 before you travel or travel restrictions/lockdown or Track & Trace isolation requirements mean it is illegal for you to travel and it is within our regular refund period (usually cancellations within 2 weeks of arrival are not generally eligible for any refund, cancellations between 2 weeks and a month of arrival are eligible for 75% refund) we will re-book an appropriate future stay with you at the current/future price point depending whichever is the higher of the two.
Or, if you prefer, we can cancel your booking and issue a refund of 75% of the money we received from you. If your cancellation is after 10.00am on the day before you are due to arrive, we will also deduct an £80.00 cottage cleaning & preparation charge.
While You Are Here
If travel restrictions change or a lockdown is imposed while you are here meaning it is illegal for you to stay we will refund full days not stayed minus an £80.00 cancellation fee.
If you are contacted by Track and Trace and are required to self-isolate or test positive for Covid-19 while you are here and are well enough to travel home, you must let us know and travel home as soon as is possible and we will refund full days not stayed minus an £80.00 cancellation fee. Similarly, if you need to leave due to hospitalisation due to Covid-19 we will refund full days not stayed minus an £80.00 cancellation fee. In these instances you must closely follow our low-risk Check Out Procedure which is stated in your Cottage Information Manual.
If you become unwell with Covid-19 while you are here and are not well enough to travel home and need to stay longer than your original booking you will need to cover the cost of any additional days stayed and any further costs associated with cancellation of any future guests as a result of the cottage being unavailable for their stay.
From Our Side
Before Your Trip
If WE need to cancel your booking due to local lock downs/travel restrictions in our area or our own inability to host you due to Covid-19, we will re-book you for an appropriate future stay (at the current/future price point depending whichever is the higher of the two) or, if you prefer, cancel your booking and refund you in full.
While You Are Here
If you are already staying with us and WE become symptomatic we will let you know, self-isolate and get tested. If we test positive then we will let you know and self-isolate on-site.
Please note: all other general TERMS & CONDITIONS OF BOOKING in relation to your stay still apply (including if your cancellation is not related to Covid-19).
Keeping Your Stay Low Risk
To avoid guest arrival & un-loading at the same time please give us an ETA & let us know if it changes.
We have key safes on our cottages & will send you your code a few days before arrival. If you are arriving after dark we will leave external lights on our bottom gate & outside your cottage.
On arrival you will find the Covid-19 QR code poster beside your Welcome Pack if you wish to scan in.
THINGS WE HAVE CHANGED:
To reduce risk and ensure we can effectively clean & sanitise our cottages we have removed some non-essential items & changed access to some facilities.
Currently we do not provide the following in our cottages:
- extra cushions & throws on beds, tablecloths & cloth draught excluders
- non-perishable foodstuff left by previous guests
- puzzles, DVDs, CDs, books & games – please bring your own (we do provide local maps)
- a Visitors Book – but you can review us/see guest reviews/recommendations on-line on FACEBOOK or TRIP ADVISOR
- a printed Things To Do & Local Facilities folder – but there are 2 pages on our website: THINGS TO DO & LOCAL FACILITIES and the local TOURISM ASSOCIATION WEBSITE and a Tourist Information Centre in Coleford (Tel: 01594 837135). NB: many attractions & activities have changed times/days/prices & some are still closed. Please check before visiting. Check out the RESPONSIBLE VISITOR GUIDE and VISITOR INFORMATION PAGE for more information
WHAT WE DO PROVIDE:
Welcome pack & information – coffee, tea, hot chocolate, milk, biscuits/cake & enough dishwasher tablets for your stay with a Covid QR code poster & cottage information manual.
General items – bedding, towels, hairdryer, iron & ironing board, washing basket & laundry bag, bookable use of laundry room, open-sided bike shed, high chair, stairgate, torch, umbrella, loo roll, hand wash (& sanitiser), boot jack & rack, CD & DVD player, Freeview TV, WiFi, table mats & napkins, bathroom/loo/shower mats, shaving point/mirror, temporary dog tags & dog towel (if needed).
Kitchen kit – kitchen towel, alu foil, cling film, washing up liquid, dishcloth & brush, hand & tea towels, oven glove, toaster, dishwasher, kettle, fridge, freezer, microwave, hob, oven, chopping boards, kitchen knives, serving spoons, pizza cutter, bottle & tin opener, salad tongs, fish slice, masher, whisk & cutlery, mugs, cups, plates, glasses, pots, frying pans, baking tins, pizza tray, rolling pin, casserole & serving dishes, tea-pot, coffee plunger, butter dish, egg cups, toast rack & bread bin.
WHILE YOU ARE HERE:
Please be respectful of personal space with regard to ourselves & other guests, try to keep your dogs (if you have them) in your area & bring your own face mask/gloves if you wish to wear them.
Alternative duvets – we have summer/winter duvets for our double beds now stored securely. If you need heavier/lighter duvets while you are here let us know, leave windows open and we will change them while you are out.
Cleaning – our cottages are fully aired, cleaned and key touch points are sanitised before your stay. We provide handwash and sanitiser, basic kitchen/bathroom cleaning & anti-bac products, cloth, a hoover, dustpan and brush and floor brush for guests. For your own health and safety please clean & sanitise your hands and the cottage regularly during your stay and when you leave. Please also ensure the kitchen kit is cleaned thoroughly after use.
If you are staying for 2 weeks (or more) will change your bedding & towels and re-clean the cottage during your stay. We will do this while you are out. Please, strip the beds and put bed linen and towels in the laundry bags in the hall for us & leave bedroom windows open.
Laundry room & BBQ facilities – our laundry room (with washing machine, dryer, washing powder, fabric conditioner, pegs, airer & BBQ) is a shared space, so you can book it for use, we will give you the key & clean and sanitise it for other guests once the key is returned.
Problems/Maintenance/Repairs – if you need anything during your stay please let us know. We will do what we can to help (respecting personal space) & carry out maintenance/repairs/alterations or put in extra items while you are out if possible.
CHECK OUT PROCEDURE: WHAT WE ASK GUESTS TO DO:
All good things have to end & check out is 10.00am. Please leave cottages clean and tidy and observe our Covid-19 check out list to keep risks low for all:
- windows – leave upstairs and courtyard-side downstairs windows open
- laundry – strip bedding (including mattress & pillow protectors), used bathroom towels, bathroom & loo rugs, kitchen hand & tea towels, dishcloth & oven glove & put in the laundry bag (in laundry basket) in the hall. Leave duvets & pillows on beds to air
- rubbish – put all used bin bags into the courtyard wheelie bin (next to the chicken run)
- recycling – leave recycling box (with lid on) & food waste caddy outside back door
- personal belongings/food – check for food, drink & personal belongings & take them home with you
- keys – return temporary dog tags to key rings & leave keys in the key safe
BETWEEN STAYS: WHAT WE DO:
To ensure enough time for airing, cleaning and sanitising between stays, we have a full day between bookings. See below for our change over and cleaning procedure.
On check out we:
- air the cottage
- empty laundry bags and wash laundry at 60 degrees (where possible)
- check for personal & food items left behind
- check bins & put in new bin bags
- check cushions, covers and curtains and wash if necessary
- replenish Welcome Pack & sanitise containers
- swap duvets & pillows with ones aired and stored between stays
Before check in we:
- inspect kitchen kit and wash anything that is not clean & return clean items to cupboards
- clean, dust and hoover the cottage moving all items to get behind/underneath (using different cloths for different room types)
- sanitise all high contact points such as handles, light switches/pull cords, kitchen buttons, QR poster, house manual, heating controls & TV remotes
- make up beds with fresh bedding & pillow & mattress protectors
- put in new bathroom towels, hand/tea towels, oven glove, dishcloth, napkins & bathroom/loo rugs
- open windows for good ventilation, close cottage door & leave keys in key safe
- wash all used cleaning cloths at 60 degrees