Covid-19: Terms/Conditions & Information
The Current Situation
Our self-catering accommodation is now OPEN for booking during July & onwards in-line with Government Guidance.
We will continue to review Government Guidance but the information below lets you know changes at our holiday cottages, what we are currently doing before, during & after your stay & what you need to do to keep risk levels as low as possible.
Cancellations/Termination Of Your Stay
At The House of Bread we are keen to support those acting responsibly and in line with current Government guidance.
Therefore, if you have a booking with us and you are Covid-19 symptomatic before you travel or travel restrictions prevent your trip and that is the specific reason for your cancellation we will either work with you to arrange an appropriate future booking with us or refund you in full.
If you become symptomatic during your stay or are contacted by Track and Trace as ‘at risk’ we ask that you self-isolate, let us know and get tested ASAP and if you test positive return home. We will provide a refund for the days cancelled minus a £30.00 deep clean charge.
If, after testing positive, you are not well enough to travel we will seek advice from health care professionals and our local authority and extra days stayed will be charged plus a £30.00 deep clean charge.
Please note: all other general Terms & Conditions of Booking in relation to your stay will apply. Please do read them!
If we are symptomatic and test positive and need to cancel your booking we will let you know as soon as we can and refund in full or work with you to arrange future booking dates.
If your cancellation is not related to Covid-19 our usual Terms & Conditions of Booking apply.
Keeping Your Stay As Low Risk As Possible
BEFORE YOUR TRIP:
Please let us know if you develop symptoms & we will cancel your stay & refund in full. This is to encourage responsible behaviour. We ask you to respect this.
Rather than meeting & greeting guests, we now have key safes on our cottages. If you are arriving after dark we will leave external lights on our bottom gate & outside your cottage. We will send your key safe details before you arrive.
To avoid arrival & un-loading at the same time (unless one family group/household/bubble have booked both cottages) please give us a rough ETA & let us know if it changes.
THINGS WE HAVE HAD TO CHANGE:
To ensure we can effectively clean & sanitise between stays we have regrettably had to remove many non-essential items & change access to some facilities.
Currently we cannot provide the following in our cottages:
- extra cushions & throws on beds & tablecloths
- non-perishable foodstuff left by previous guests
- draught excluders for external doors
- puzzles, DVDs, CDs, books & games – please bring your own (we do still provide local maps)
- nail brush & soap dish (in bathroom) – please bring your own
- bedside clocks/alarm clocks – we assume most people have these on their phones
- shampoo, conditioner, bubble bath & shower gel – please bring your own
- tea, coffee & hot chocolate making facilities in bedrooms
- we have had to reduce kitchen kit as we have to dishwash all items between stays – please bring specialised items with you
- cottage information manual – we will email this before your stay
- visitor book – you can review us & see guest reviews/recommendations on-line on Facebook or TripAdvisor
- a ‘things to do & local facilities’ folder – but there is lots of information on our website on our Things to Do or Local Facilities page.There is more information on the local Tourism Association Website and a Tourist Information Centre in Coleford (Tel: 01594 837135). NOTE: many attractions & activities are only partially open, restricting entry or have had to change times/prices. Please check before visiting & if places/parking is busy on arrival maybe postpone your visit. Also check out this handy Responsible Visitor Guide and Business Re-Opening Page
WHAT WE DO PROVIDE:
Welcome Pack – coffee, tea, hot chocolate, milk, biscuits & enough dishwasher tablets for your stay.
General items including – bedding, bathroom towels, hairdryer, iron, ironing board, washing basket & laundry bags, high chair, stairgate, torch, umbrella, loo roll, kitchen paper aluminium foil, cling film, washing up liquid, bowl & brush, hand wash (& sanitiser), cloth hand towels, tea-towel, oven glove, dishcloth, a boot jack & rack, CD & DVD player, TV with Freeview, WiFi, table mats & napkins, bathroom/loo/shower mats, toothbrush mug, shaving point/mirror, temporary dog tags & dog towel (if needed).
Kitchen kit including – toaster, dishwasher, kettle, fridge, freezer, microwave, hob, oven, chopping boards, knives & cutlery, mugs, cups, plates, glasses, pots, pans, casserole & serving dishes, tea-pot, coffee plunger, butter dish, egg cups, toast rack & bread bin.
WHILE YOU ARE HERE:
We ask that you observe social distancing with regard to ourselves & other guests, ensure your dog(s) (if you have them) do not interact with ours/other guests & their dogs & bring your own face mask/gloves if you wish to wear them.
Alternative duvets – we have different weight duvets for king & king-sized beds but we these are now stored securely. Please let us know if you would like a heavier/lighter duvet while you are here & we will change them while you are out.
Cleaning kit – we provide basic cleaning items in the cottages but if you wish to borrow further cleaning items please ask & we will get them for you. Please leave them here when you leave!
Clothes washing (inc. washing powder & conditioner)/drying & BBQ facilities – our laundry room is shared, so if you want to use it, let us know, we will give you the key & clean/sanitise it once the key is returned to us.
Contacting us – if you need anything during your stay please phone/email/text rather than visiting us (unless it is urgent). We will do whatever we can to help (observing social distancing) & carry out any maintenance required while you are out.
We used to ask guests to leave the cottage as they found it & gave free access to our cleaning kit for this but this is no longer possible. But there a few specific things that we now ask you to do before you leave:
- open upstairs and courtyard side downstairs windows
- strip all ‘soft’ items: bedding (including mattress & pillow protectors), all bathroom towels (used or unused), bathroom/loo rugs, napkins, cloth table mat, kitchen/hand towels, tea-towels, dishcloth & oven glove & put in the laundry bags by the back door
- leave duvets & pillows on beds – these are aired, swapped & stored between stays
- put all room bin liners in the black bin liner in the kitchen & put that in the wheelie bin outside the cottages
- put your recycling box (with lid on) & food waste caddy outside your back door
- take all food, drink & personal belongings (including Welcome Pack milk and biscuits) with you (empty fridges, freezers, cupboards & drawers of all perishable & non-perishable food stuff & personal possessions) but please don’t remove any other items from the cottage
- shut cottage door, leave the cottage keys (& temporary dog tags) in the key safe & lock it
CLEANING & CHANGE OVER PROCEDURE:
See below for our change over & cleaning procedure. To ensure enough time for cleaning/sanitising & to allow cottages to air, we have added a day between bookings.
Day 1: after guest check out – wearing PPE we will:
- enter the cottage & ensure windows are open
- take soft items left by the door by previous guests & wash them at 60 degrees or more (where possible)
- spray duvets, sofas, curtains & pillows with disinfectant & leave overnight to air
- check for personal or food items left behind & remove them
- clean, sanitise bins & put in new bin bags
- empty Welcome Pack and sanitise/wash all containers
- clean kitchen kit in the dishwasher, wipe out kitchen cupboards & return kit to cupboards
- swap sofa cushions, handwash, hand sanitisers, washing up liquid & brush, aluminium foil, cling film, torch & umbrella for 2nd set & sanitise & store 1st set until next stay
Day 2: before 4.00pm guest check in – wearing PPE we will:
- re-enter & air the cottage
- dust, hoover & clean as usual moving all items to get behind/underneath (using separate cloths in different rooms)
- empty and sanitise hoover
- sanitise all hand-touch points including: drawer/cupboard/window/door/fridge/freezer/oven/dishwasher handles, internal & external light switches/lamp switches, tap handles, hob knobs, light/shower pulls, loo flushes, stair/bath handrails, shower controls, laundry basket & bag, iron, ironing board, hairdryer, tables, chairs, table mats, map & guide, kitchen surfaces, TV/DVD/CD remote controls, fire extinguishers, kettle, toaster, bread bin, high chair
- swap duvets & pillows, put aired ones in storage, make up beds (including fresh pillow & mattress protectors), put out new bathroom towels, cloth kitchen/hand towels, tea-towel, oven glove, dishcloth, napkins, cloth table mat & bathroom/loo rugs
- put new contents in Welcome Pack, sanitise keys, key safe & external door handle & close up the cottage & key safe
- dispose of disposable cleaning cloths and wash reusable ones at 60 degrees or more