Covid-19 Information & Cancellation Policy
To keep Covid-19 Risks as low as possible for ALL we are operating in-line with Government Guidance and are signed up to Visit England’s ‘Good to Go’, The World Travel & Tourism Council’s ‘Safe Travels’ and Air BnB’s ‘Commit to Clean’ schemes.
From 12th April we can welcome single household/bubble groups into our cottages. From 17th May we can welcome multiple household bookings.
The information provided below outlines our Covid-19 Specific Cancellation Policy and what we & guests need to do to keep Covid-19 risk levels low for all on-site.
PLEASE NOTE: We are really sorry, but as we live on-site and have 2 cottages and visitors to the pottery, we cannot take guests who are quarantining after arriving from abroad.
Cancellation/Termination Of Your Stay
At The House of Bread we want people to act responsibly & in-line with current Government guidance.
If you have a booking with us and you are Covid-19 symptomatic before you travel, have tested positive for Covid-19 or travel restrictions/tier changes/local lock down or Track & Trace isolation requirements prevent your trip and that is the specific reason for your cancellation we will re-book you for an appropriate future stay (at the current/future price point depending whichever is the higher of the two) or, if you prefer, cancel your booking and refund you in full.
If travel restrictions/tiers change while you are here meaning you have to return home, we will refund in full the days not stayed.
If you become symptomatic during your stay or are contacted by Track and Trace we ask that you self-isolate, let us know and get tested ASAP and if you test positive return home. We will provide a refund for the days cancelled minus a £30.00 deep clean charge.
If, after testing positive, you are not well enough to travel we will seek advice from health care professionals and local authority and any extra days stayed will be charged at the current rate for those days/number of day plus a £30.00 deep clean charge.
If we need to cancel your booking due to local lock downs/tier changes/travel restrictions in our area, we will re-book you for an appropriate future stay (at the current/future price point depending whichever is the higher of the two) or, if you prefer, cancel your booking and refund you in full. If you are already staying with us and we become symptomatic we will let you know, self-isolate and get tested. If we test positive then we will let you know and self-isolate on-site and refund for days not stayed if you decide to return home.
Please note: all other general TERMS & CONDITIONS OF BOOKING in relation to your stay still apply (including if your cancellation is not related to Covid-19).
Keeping Your Stay Low Risk
To avoid guest arrival & un-loading at the same time please give us an ETA & let us know if it changes.
We now have key safes on our cottages & will send you your code a few days before arrival. If you are arriving after dark we will leave external lights on our bottom gate & outside your cottage.
On arrival please scan the Covid-19 QR code poster beside your Welcome Pack.
THINGS WE HAVE HAD TO CHANGE:
To reduce risk and ensure we can effectively clean & sanitise between stays we have had to remove some non-essential items & change access to some facilities in our cottages.
Currently we cannot provide the following in our cottages:
- extra cushions & throws on beds, tablecloths & cloth draught excluders
- non-perishable foodstuff left by previous guests
- puzzles, DVDs, CDs, books & games – please bring your own (we do provide local maps)
- nail brush & soap dish (in bathroom) – please bring your own
- bedside clocks/alarm clocks – we assume most people have these on their phones
- shampoo, conditioner, bubble bath & shower gel – please bring your own
- wide range of kitchen kit (we have reduced kitchen kit as we have to dishwash plates, bowls, mugs, glasses and cutlery between stays)
- a Visitors Book – but you can review us/see guest reviews/recommendations on-line on FACEBOOK or TRIP ADVISOR
- a printed Things To Do & Local Facilities folder – but there are 2 pages on our website: THINGS TO DO & LOCAL FACILITIES and the local TOURISM ASSOCIATION WEBSITE and a Tourist Information Centre in Coleford (Tel: 01594 837135). NB: many attractions & activities have changed times/days/prices & some are still closed. Please check before visiting. Check out the RESPONSIBLE VISITOR GUIDE and VISITOR INFORMATION PAGE for more information
WHAT WE DO PROVIDE:
Welcome pack & information – coffee, tea, hot chocolate, milk, biscuits/cake & enough dishwasher tablets for your stay with a Covid QR code poster & cottage information manual.
General items – bedding, towels, hairdryer, iron & ironing board, washing basket & laundry bag, access to laundry room & bike shed, high chair, stairgate, torch, umbrella, loo roll, kitchen towel, alu foil, cling film, washing up liquid, dishcloth & brush, hand wash (& sanitiser), hand & tea towels, oven glove, boot jack & rack, CD & DVD player, Freeview TV, WiFi, table mats & napkins, bathroom/loo/shower mats, shaving point/mirror, temporary dog tags & dog towel (if needed).
Kitchen kit – toaster, dishwasher, kettle, fridge, freezer, microwave, hob, oven, chopping boards, kitchen knives, serving spoons, pizza cutter, bottle & tin opener, salad tongs, fish slice, masher, whisk & cutlery, mugs, cups, plates, glasses, pots, frying pans, baking tins, pizza tray, rolling pin, casserole & serving dishes, tea-pot, coffee plunger, butter dish, egg cups, toast rack & bread bin.
WHILE YOU ARE HERE:
We ask you to observe social distancing with regard to ourselves & other guests, try to keep your dogs (if you have them) in your area & bring your own face mask/gloves if you wish to wear them.
Alternative duvets – we have summer/winter duvets for our double beds now stored securely. If you need heavier/lighter duvets while you are here we will change them while you are out.
Cleaning – our cottages are fully aired, cleaned and sanitised before your stay. We provide basic kitchen/bathroom cleaning & anti-bac products, cloth, a hoover, dustpan and brush and floor brush. For your own health and safety please regularly clean & anti-bac the cottage during your stay. Please also ensure that the kitchen kit is cleaned thoroughly after use either by hand or in the dishwasher.
If you are staying for 2 weeks (or more) will change your bedding & towels and re-clean the cottage during your stay. We will do this while you are out. Please, strip the beds and put bed linen and towels in the laundry bags in the hall for us.
Laundry room & BBQ facilities – our laundry room (with washing machine, dryer, washing powder, fabric conditioner, pegs, airer & BBQ) is a shared space, so if you want to use it, we will give you the key & clean and sanitise it for other guests once the key is returned.
Contacting us – if you need anything during your stay please phone/email/text rather than visiting (unless it is urgent). We will do what we can to help (observing social distancing) & carry out maintenance/repairs/alterations or put in extra items wearing masks while you are out if possible.
All good things have to end & check out is 10.00am. Please leave our cottages clean and tidy and observe our Covid-19 check out list to keep risks low for all:
- windows – leave upstairs and courtyard-side downstairs windows open
- laundry – strip bedding (including mattress & pillow protectors), bathroom towels (used & unused), bathroom & loo rugs, napkins & cloth mats, kitchen hand & tea towels, dishcloth & oven glove & put in the laundry bag (in laundry basket) in the hall. Leave duvets & pillows on beds to air
- rubbish – put all used bin bags into the courtyard wheelie bin (next to the chicken run)
- recycling – leave recycling box (with lid on) & food waste caddy outside back door
- personal belongings/food – check for food, drink & personal belongings (including Welcome Pack milk and biscuits/cake) & take them home with you
- keys – return temporary dog tags to key rings (if used), pull door to & leave keys in the key safe
To ensure enough time for airing, cleaning and sanitising between stays, we have added a day between bookings. See below for our change over and cleaning procedure.
On check out we:
- air the cottage
- empty laundry bags and wash laundry at 60 degrees or more (where possible)
- spray sofas, cushions & curtains with disinfectant spray & leave to air
- check for personal & food items left behind
- check bins & put in new bin bags
- replenish Welcome Pack & sanitise containers
- swap duvets & pillows with ones aired and stored between stays
Before check in we:
- inspect kitchen kit and dishwash/wash plates, bowls, cutlery, mugs and glasses, wipe kitchen cupboards & return clean items to cupboards
- clean kitchen and bathroom first
- dust, hoover & clean the rest of the rooms moving all items to get behind/underneath (using different cloths for different areas)
- sanitise all high contact points including: drawer/cupboard/window/door/fridge/freezer/oven/dishwasher/tap/bread bin handles, light/lamp switches, hob knobs, light/shower pulls, loo flushes, stair/bath handrails, shower controls, hairdryer, tables, TV/DVD/CD remotes, kettle & toaster buttons, stairgate & high chair, washing up liquid, cleaning products, floor brush, dustpan & brush, hoover, handwash & sanitisers, cottage manual & QR code sheet
- make up beds with fresh bedding & pillow & mattress protectors
- put in new bathroom towels, hand/tea towels, oven glove, dishcloth, napkins & bathroom/loo rugs
- sanitise keys, key safe & external door handle
- close cottage door & leave keys in key safe
- wash all used cleaning cloths at 60 degrees