Covid-19 Statement: Information & Cancellation
The Current Situation
To keep Covid-19 Risks as low as possible for ALL we are signed up to Visit England’s ‘Good to Go’ and Air BnB’s ‘Commit to Clean’ schemes.
In line with current Government Rules, we will be accepting accommodation bookings again from 2nd Dec 2020 from Tier 1 & 2.
This statement below outlines what we are doing & what guests are asked to do to keep Covid-19 risk levels low for all.
Cancellation/Termination Of Your Stay
At The House of Bread we want people to act responsibly & in-line with current Government guidance.
If you have a booking with us and you are Covid-19 symptomatic before you travel, have tested positive for Covid-19 or travel restrictions/tier changes/local lock down or Track & Trace isolation requirements prevent your trip and that is the specific reason for your cancellation we will re-book you for an appropriate future stay (at the current/future price point depending whichever is the higher of the two) or, if you prefer, cancel your booking and refund you in full.
If travel restrictions/tiers change while you are here meaning you have to return home, we will refund in full the days not stayed.
If you become symptomatic during your stay or are contacted by Track and Trace we ask that you self-isolate, let us know and get tested ASAP and if you test positive return home. We will provide a refund for the days cancelled minus a £30.00 deep clean charge.
If, after testing positive, you are not well enough to travel we will seek advice from health care professionals and local authority and any extra days stayed will be charged at the current rate for those days/number of day plus a £30.00 deep clean charge.
If we need to cancel your booking due to local lock downs/tier changes/travel restrictions in our area, we will re-book you for an appropriate future stay (at the current/future price point depending whichever is the higher of the two) or, if you prefer, cancel your booking and refund you in full. If you are already staying with us and we become symptomatic we will let you know, self-isolate and get tested. If we test positive then we will let you know and self-isolate on-site and refund for days not stayed if you decide to return home.
Please note: all other general Terms & Conditions of Booking in relation to your stay still apply (including if your cancellation is not related to Covid-19).
Keeping Your Stay Low Risk
To avoid arrival & un-loading at the same time (unless one family group/household/bubble have booked both cottages) please give us an ETA & let us know if it changes.
We now have key safes on our cottages & will send you your code a few days before arrival. If you are arriving after dark we will leave external lights on our bottom gate & outside your cottage.
On arrival please scan the Covid-19 QR code poster beside your Welcome Pack.
THINGS WE HAVE HAD TO CHANGE:
To reduce risk and ensure we can effectively clean & sanitise between stays we have had to remove some non-essential items & change access to some facilities in our cottages.
Currently we cannot provide the following in our cottages:
- extra cushions & throws on beds, tablecloths & cloth draught excluders
- non-perishable foodstuff left by previous guests
- puzzles, DVDs, CDs, books & games – please bring your own (we do provide local maps)
- nail brush & soap dish (in bathroom) – please bring your own
- bedside clocks/alarm clocks – we assume most people have these on their phones
- shampoo, conditioner, bubble bath & shower gel – please bring your own
- specialised kitchen items (we have reduced kitchen kit to more basic items as we have to dishwash all items between stays)
- a Visitors Book – but you can review us/see guest reviews/recommendations on-line on Facebook or TripAdvisor
- a printed Things To Do & Local Facilities folder – but there are 2 pages on our website: Things to Do & Local Facilities and the local Tourism Association Website and a Tourist Information Centre in Coleford (Tel: 01594 837135). NB: many attractions & activities have changed times/days/prices & some are still closed. Please check before visiting. Check out the Responsible Visitor Guide and Visitor Information Page for more information
WHAT WE DO PROVIDE:
Welcome pack & information – coffee, tea, hot chocolate, milk, biscuits & enough dishwasher tablets for your stay with a Covid QR code poster & cottage information manual
General items – bedding, towels, hairdryer, iron & ironing board, washing basket & laundry bag, access to laundry room & bike shed, high chair, stairgate, torch, umbrella, loo roll, kitchen towel, alu foil, cling film, washing up liquid, dishcloth & brush, hand wash (& sanitiser), hand & tea towels, oven glove, boot jack & rack, CD & DVD player, Freeview TV, WiFi, table mats & napkins, bathroom/loo/shower mats, shaving point/mirror, temporary dog tags & dog towel (if needed).
Kitchen kit – toaster, dishwasher, kettle, fridge, freezer, microwave, hob, oven, chopping boards, knives & cutlery, mugs, cups, plates, glasses, pots, pans, casserole & serving dishes, tea-pot, coffee plunger, butter dish, egg cups, toast rack & bread bin.
WHILE YOU ARE HERE:
We ask you to observe social distancing with regard to ourselves & other guests, try to keep your dogs (if you have them) in your area & bring your own face mask/gloves if you wish to wear them.
Alternative duvets – we have summer/winter duvets for our double beds now stored securely. If you need heavier/lighter duvets while you are here we will change them while you are out.
Cleaning kit – we provide basic cleaning items in the cottages but if you wish to borrow things such as a hoover ask & we will provide them.
Laundry room & BBQ facilities – our laundry room (with washing machine, dryer, washing powder, conditioner & BBQ) is a shared space, so if you want to use it, we will give you the key & clean/sanitise for other guests once the key is returned.
Contacting us – if you need anything during your stay please phone/email/text rather than visiting (unless it is urgent). We will do what we can to help (observing social distancing) & carry out maintenance/repairs/alterations or put in extra items while you are out.
All good things have to end & check out is 10.00am. Please leave our cottages clean and tidy and observe our Covid-19 check out list to keep risks low for all:
- windows – leave bedroom, bathroom and back lounge windows open
- laundry – strip bedding (including mattress & pillow protectors), bathroom towels (used & unused), bathroom/loo rugs, napkins/cloth mats, kitchen hand/tea towels, dishcloth & oven glove & put in laundry bag (in laundry basket). Leave duvets & pillows on beds to air
- rubbish – put all used bin bags in the courtyard wheelie bin
- recycling – leave recycling box & food waste caddy outside back door
- personal belongings/food – please take all food, drink & personal belongings (including Welcome Pack milk and biscuits) home with you
- keys – pull door to & leave cottage keys (& temporary dog tags) in the key safe
To ensure enough time for airing, cleaning and sanitising between stays, we have added a day between bookings. See below for our change over and cleaning procedure.
Day 1: after guest check out – wearing PPE we:
- air the cottage
- empty laundry bags and wash laundry at 60 degrees or more (where possible)
- spray laundry bag, sofas, cushions & curtains with disinfectant spray & leave to air
- check for personal & food items left behind
- clean, sanitise bins & put in new bin bags
- replenish Welcome Pack & sanitise containers
- dishwash/wash kitchen kit, wipe kitchen cupboards & return kit
- clean kitchen, bathroom & loos
- swap duvets, pillows & cushions with ones aired and stored between stays
Day 2: before 4.00pm guest check in – wearing PPE we:
- dust, hoover & clean moving all items to get behind/underneath (using different cloths for different areas)
- sanitise all contact points including: drawer/cupboard/window/door/fridge/freezer/oven/dishwasher/tap/bread bin handles, light/lamp switches, hob knobs, light/shower pulls, loo flushes, stair/bath handrails, shower controls, laundry basket, iron, ironing board, hairdryer, tables, chairs, table mats, map, TV/DVD/CD remotes, fire extinguishers & blankets, kettle & toaster buttons, stairgate & high chair, umbrella, torch, washing up liquid, handwash & sanitisers, cottage manual, QR code sheet, cling film and alu foil boxes
- make up beds with fresh bedding & pillow & mattress protectors
- put in new bathroom towels, hand/tea towels, oven glove, dishcloth, napkins & bathroom/loo rugs
- sanitise keys, key safe & external door handle
- close cottage door & leave keys in key safe
- wash all cleaning cloths at 60 degrees